Freshmen and Non-design Transfer Students
All incoming freshmen and non-design transfer students should formally apply to KSU for admission to the University and declare the Architecture Major. Once admitted, all incoming students are required to register for KSU Ignition, as well as the Architecture Summer Design Workshop.
Transfer Students from Architecture and related design programs
All transfer students with completed college-level courses in Architecture, or allied disciplines, should apply to KSU and submit the following for consideration toward appropriate placement in the B.ARCH Program
- Portfolio of academic design work
- Official transcripts
- Course descriptions related to official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
M.S. ARCH Program
All incoming graduate students should formally apply to KSU for admission to the University’s Graduate College and declare the Architecture Major.
Acceptance to the M.S. Architecture program is based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Architecture, allied design disciplines, engineering, humanities and liberal arts.
- GRE scores: Verbal 159, Quantitative 160, Analytical 3.5
- Minimum Grade Point Average 3.0
- Statement of Purpose: A concise narrative of student’s design or research interest (2 pages)
- Design Portfolio: Applicants coming from design disciplines (15 pages in PDF format).
Note: Applicants degrees that are not design-based may, upon evaluation, be required to take additional courses.
Architecture students at KSU have a variety of options for financial assistance. The Architecture Program offers various merit and need-based scholarships in addition to regular state and federal financial assistance programs. For a list of these programs please visit the KSU Scholarships website.