Dell Laptop Specifications (Summer 2020)
The College of Architecture and Construction Management is a PC-based college due to the PC specific software used in the courses.
The following information is provided as a simple guide to the types of computing power suggested by the College of Architecture and Construction Management (CoACM). The are recommendations based on what the university IT services provides for faculty, and performance recommendations based on college specific software. It should be noted the CoACM is a PC based college as much of the software is not supported on the Mac platform.
Current KSU Recommended System (Summer 2020)
- Dell Mobile Precision 5540 or Dell Precision 5540
- Intel® Core Processor i7-9750H, 6 Core, 12M Cache, 2.60GHz up to 4.5GHz Turbo, 45W
- Win 10 Pro 64
- Microsoft(R) Office 30 Days Trial
- Intel Core i7-9750H NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB
- Nvidia Quadro T1000 w/4GB GDDR5
- 6" Ultra Sharp FHD IGZO4, 1920x1080, AG, NT, w/Prem Panel Guar, 100% sRGB, w/ HD Camera
- 16GB, 1x16GB, DDR4 2666MHz Non-ECC Memory
- 2 512GB PCle NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive
- Thermal Pad for M.2 PCIE SSD
- Internal US English Backlit Keyboard
- Palmrest, 80 KYBD layout, without fingerprint reader
- Intel Dual Band Wireless AX200 2x2 + Bluetooth 5.0 vPro
- 6-cell 97 Whr Lithium Ion battery
- Type C to Ethernet Connector Cable
- Processor: as fast as can be afforded (as recommended by Autodesk products)
- RAM system memory: 16GB minimum 32GB or more preferred
- Graphics: Dedicated graphics chip with 4GB or more memory (workstation graphics ideal but consumer cards will work)
- Hard drive: SSD 512GB or more preferred
- Must use Windows to support required software. Apple OSX, Chrome OS, and Linux distros are not supported and Virtual Machines on these platforms do not completely work to the standards needed for CoACM course work.
NOTE: Macbooks will be changing processor architecture to ARM based at the end of the year so virtual machine support for windows programs will not be improving in the short term and will be difficult in the long term. Bootcamp of windows will no longer be supported by Apple. It isn't currently supported at KSU.