Located on the ground floor of Building N in Room 014, the Department of Architecture’s Wood Fabrication Lab offers the latest in CNC capabilities, as well as a complete array of traditional woodworking equipment.
The shop contains two CNC routers. One is a typical 3 axis machine with a capacity of 36 x 48 x 4 in. The other is an Onsrud five axis machine with a capacity of 60 x 96 x 24 in., which can handle most large jobs with ease.
Our stationary power tools include table saws, planers, jointers, drill presses, bandsaws and a variety of sanding equipment setup for most student projects. We also furnish a complete set of both hand and power carving tools, drills, routers, hand sanders, and more.
The shop is available to all KSU students who have completed the online safety courses available in D2L. Please contact a Shop Supervisor to sign up.
New Lab Hours: 9AM-7PM
Fall 2020 Wood Shop Protocols
- No more than 9 students will be granted access to the shop at one time, including those needing CNC work.
- The wood shop can be accessed by making a reservation via the online reservation system.
- Students can reserve time in the woodshop in 30 minutes intervals with a maximum of
2 hours per day.
- If more time is needed, students should contact the shop staff directly via email.
- Reservations will give a student exclusive access to one of the work benches in the
- ONLY ONE PERSON PER BENCH IS ALLOWED- NO GROUPS
- Reservations can be made up to 10 minutes before a time slot begins.
- If a student is unable to make their reservation, they should cancel it promptly to allow others to utilize that slot.
- Students can reserve time in the woodshop in 30 minutes intervals with a maximum of 2 hours per day.
- Students will arrive outside the woodshop at the beginning of their reservation time
- Do not go beyond the yellow chain until shop staff have verified your reservation status.
- STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE SHOP WITHOUT A RESERVATION.
- Per Covid-19 safety guidelines, while in the shop students MUST:
- Wear a mask AT ALL TIMES
- Sanitize your hands upon entry of the shop
- Sanitize high touch areas of the wood shop equipment before and after each use.
- Do not sanitize the cast iron surfaces
- Maintain 6 ft. distance from others when possible
- In order to reduce traffic through the shop no personal projects will be allowed