Bldg 640, Rm 211
Mon – Fri; 9am – 5pm
Mon – Fri; 9am – 5pm
Digital Media Supervisor
Overview and Equipment
The KSU College of Architecture and Construction Management (CoACM) Media Lab is located on the Marietta campus on the 2nd floor of the Architecture (640) building. The lab houses professional grade plotting and scanning equipment for large format printing and scanning, as well as a small photography studio with professional lighting and backdrops suitable for documenting physical models and other furniture and design projects. All active students and faculty have access to the lab’s resources and equipment for class projects and research.
For current college students, more information on how to access these resources can be found in the Plot Submission page (link here) and Scanner/Photo Reservation page (link here).
The lab is fully staffed by professional technicians during operational hours and includes the following equipment:
- Plotters – Hewlett Packard large format plotters handling a variety of paper types up to a width of 42”.
- Scanners – Hewlett Packard Roll-Feed Scanner which can accommodate media up to a width of 42” and Epson Flat-Bed Scanners which can accommodate media up to 12.25”x17.25”.
- Paper Trimmers – Alvin Paper Trimmers which can accommodate media up to a width of 58”.
- Photography Studio – Arri 150 and 300 Photo Lamps and 53” wide backdrops in both black and white.
CoACM students and faculty may utilize the lab facilities within operational hours and are responsible for reviewing the provided policy and usage guides prior to handling of equipment.
- Plot Submissions should be in PDF format
- Plot Submissions should be at 150dpi resolution
- Plot Submissions should be at the correct scale
- Plot Submissions should be at the correct paper size
- Plot Submissions should use Arch Standard paper sizes (18”x24”, 24”x36”, 30”x42”). 24”x24” or 24”x48” are also acceptable, as that is the format used for hall displays.
- Plot Submissions are normally printed on bond paper. Vellum is sometimes used for construction document printing. Photo paper is reserved for competition and scholarship submission printing.
- Plot Submission Policy and Guide
- Roll-Feed Scanner Policy and Usage Guide
- Flat-Bed Scanner Policy and Usage Guide
- Scanner/Photo Studio Reservations
Scanner/Photo AppointmentsScanners and photography equipment appointments can be made at the online scheduler here.
Q: I’m a current student at KSU but am not within the CoACM. Am I allowed to utilize the Media Lab?
A: Non-CoACM students are not normally permitted to utilize the plotters, as consumables such as ink and paper are funded through CoACM specific lab fees. Special requests to assist other departments for special events for the University are handled on a case by case basis. Priority is given to Architecture and Construction Management students.
Q: Can I print/plot personal projects?
A: No, since plotting consumables are paid for by CoACM specific lab fees, there is no way to handle personal projects on a pay per print basis. All printing/plotting should be to support Architecture and Construction Management courses specifically. Exceptions would be for Design Competitions or Scholarship submissions.
Q: Can I scan graphite pencil, color pencil, charcoal drawings through the roll-feed scanner? What if I use spray fixative?
A: The roll-feed scanners are designed for scanning ink and blueline prints. Any media which can rub off can damage the feed rollers and scanning platen, resulting in damage to media subsequently sent through the roll-feed scanner. Spray fixative does not solve the problem, it only makes it worse, as it is a glue material which remains sticky and gums up the feed rollers. Any drawings which are not ink or blueline drawings must be placed in an acetate sleeve, provided by the student, before going through the roll-feed scanner.
Q: Are you open on the weekends?
A: No, the lab is open Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.